How to Choose the Provisional Rating
Tournament Organizers need to enter a
Provisional Rating, when they create a rated event.
The Rating Rules provide a guideline about
Provisional Ratings (Rating rule # 11).
- Select Create Event/Create new event
with default settings. If the event is rated, then you need to enter a
- Choose from this chart the Provisional
Rating that applies to the type of event you are creating:
- 1800 Open class, cup preliminary rounds,
international open preliminary rounds, friendly matches.
- 1900 Ladies' WC semifinals, ladies'
- 2000 Higher class, cup semifinals,
international open semifinals.
- 2100 Ladies' WC finals.
- 2200 Master class, cup finals, olympiads,
zonal championship preliminary rounds, invitational (team) tournaments,
international open finals.
- 2300 Master norm tournaments, WC
- 2400 WC semifinals, zonal championship
- 2450 Grandmaster norm tournaments.
- 2500 WC candidates, zonal championship
- 2600 WC finals.
- For national tournaments, the average of
the already rated participants is assumed, maximum 2200.
- For other kind of tournaments, please
check with the
Rating Commissioner (RC)
The system updates the Provisional
Rating depending on your selection, allowing you to continue creating